AMADA WELD TECH, Inc. (Monrovia, CA) announced the release of the SIGMA LS Laser Micromachining Subsystem, a femtosecond laser-integrated module ideal for precision micromachining of metals and metal alloys, polymers, ceramics and glasses.
With its small form factor and integration-ready design, the SIGMA LS is ideal for:
- Machine builders
- System integrators
- Contract manufacturers
- Job shops
- R&D laboratories
SIGMA LS offers processing solutions for a broad range of femtosecond laser micromachining applications requiring optimal quality, minimal thermal effects and high stability and dimensional accuracy including:
- Hole drilling in stainless steel cannula.
- Selective polymer ablation on metal.
- Hole drilling in ceramic microfluidics.
- Texturing metals, polymers and ceramics.
- Micromachining polymer filter screen.
- Micromachining metal struts and filaments.
The ready-to-integrate subsystem features pre-installed sensitive laser and optical components, delivered with an optimized application and laser process.
AMADA WELD TECH provides on-site installation support and application training, as well as tooling and part handling guidance.
SIGMA LS is available with femtosecond laser options from 5 to 40 watts and both infrared (IR) and green wavelength options. Both air-cooled and water-cooled laser options are available.
- Control panel for communications
- Sensitive optical components to prevent contamination
- Galvanometer scan head with multiple lens options for beam delivery
- Scanner and laser control software with a GUI tailored to the application
Also available are an optional fixed-optic focus head and on-axis (through-the-lens) and off-axis vision options. A rigid aluminum structure with a protective sheet metal enclosure ensures system robustness.