QED Environmental Systems (Dexter, MI) introduced the Innovative Stabilizer landfill gas (LFG) well cap.
- Allows liquid level readings without removing the wellhead.
- Has no air introduction or gas release.
- Does not require users to shut down the well for level measurements.
- Has no need to rebalance the wellfield afterwards.
The Stabilizer features a support ring molded directly into the cap that aligns and stabilizes the LFG wellhead and reduces leaks. The cap’s support ring design:
- Takes pressure off the flexible coupling and the flex hose.
- Along with watertight threads, reduces the potential for leaks at the wellhead.
- Has caps molded in QED’s distinctive yellow to help identify and protect the entire well from damage and ensures users are receiving genuine QED well caps.
The Stabilizer LFG well caps are designed to work with 6-inch and 8-inch diameter wells with 2-inch or 3-inch gas wellheads. An economy model is available for 6-inch gas-only wells.
All well caps feature direct access ports compatible with several existing landfill products including:
- The QED Easy Level for monitoring and measuring liquid levels.
- A portable water level meter that provides light and sound indication when a probe touches water.
Available pump fitting kits allow conversion of gas recovery caps to dual extraction wells.