Hamilton Caster & Mfg. Co (Hamilton, OH) introduced its newest UltraGlide wheel series. The latest modular solution is designed to reduce the amount of energy needed to move loads in manual or powered applications.
Designed for ergonomic and AGV applications, the new UltraGlide still features:
- Independent swivel surfaces that eliminate scrubbing.
- Split outer raceways to minimize friction that provides low startup and maintain forces.
New features include:
- Upgraded precision ball bearings in both size and quality to provide more than double the bearing life.
- Die cast aluminum center designed with a new concave face that concentrates the compression of the urethane toward the centerline of the tread.
- A new modular design whereby the 1” wide wheels are no longer press fit together but now assembled separately like a true multi-wheel arrangement.
The new UltraGlide supports a 3” wide assembly in a small 3-1/2” diameter and can expand to a 6” wide assembly in a 12” diameter.
The UltraGlide assemblies are offered in two tread profiles and (3) different polyurethane types.
- The tread profiles are a new crown profile that features a unique easy rolling flat center band and a flat profile for higher load applications.
- The UltraGlide Ergo poly is best suited for applications where rollability and softer ride are the primary objectives.
- The UltraGlide 27/7 | AGV is best suited for continuous duty operations such as AGV’s, AMR’s or outdoor environments.
- The UltraGlide XC is best suited when the highest load rating is desirable.