Pilot Travel Centers, General Motors and EVgo announced the opening of the first 17 locations of their previously announced national electric vehicle fast charging network. Now available in 13 states, the network features an elevated charging experience, providing EV travelers access to the same amenities offered at existing Pilot and Flying J travel center locations.
Many locations throughout the network offer a variety of 24/7 amenities, products and services, including:
- Multiple fast charging stalls at each site, with chargers capable of delivering up to 350kW.
- Canopies to help protect drivers from the elements during charging.
- Pull-through charging stalls to accommodate EV towing.
- Centrally located chargers in well-lit areas, monitored around-the-clock by onsite staff.
- Access to restrooms, food and beverage options, and free Wi-Fi.
- Plug and Charge compatibility for a streamlined charging experience.
A seamless digital user experience has also been built into this network — EV travelers will be able to easily find available charging locations via GM’s vehicle brand apps, Pilot’s myRewards Plus app, the EVgo app, PlugShare and other applications designed for EV drivers. Beginning in spring 2024, GM and Pilot Travel Centers LLC will introduce exclusive benefits for GM drivers, including the ability to reserve a charger, and discounts on charging. All EV travelers can also save at Pilot and Flying J locations with regular deals on food, beverages and merchandise available in the myRewards Plus app.
By the end of 2023, it is expected that at least 25 Pilot and Flying J travel centers will feature EV fast charging, with approximately 200 locations targeted by the end of 2024. In total, the network will include up to 2,000 high-power fast charging stalls at up to 500 Pilot and Flying J travel centers across the U.S., connecting urban and rural communities. Expansion sites for this network have been strategically selected for continued electrification of highly traveled corridors in every corner of the nation.