The Georgia State Fire Marshal confirms it is investigating Airgas despite finding no leaks in the tank at Xytex. On Sunday, Feb. 12 a deputy died while trying to save an employee during a chemical leak at Xytex. Investigators say a the system connected to the tank malfunctioned.
The State Fire Marshal says it was Airgas' responsibility to get the permit to install the tanks and to get the inspection. The State Fire Marshal cited Airgas and Xytex last week for not having a permit at the time of installation and for using the tank without an inspection.