American Crane & Equipment Corporation (Douglassville, PA) has completed installation of a custom Underhung Crane System built for the new Boeing Manufacturing facility in South Carolina. This project included the manufacture and installation of an 80 ton capacity custom system with multiple bridges. These bridges can be interlocked to allow the trolley (carrier) to be transferred from one bridge to another throughout the system. The system features:
- Trolleys that have the ability to rotate +/- 180 degrees. Each trolley features two single girder cranes supporting two hoists each, for a total of four 10 ton hoists.
- Each hoist has its own trolley allowing for movement of the hoist in all directions.
- The operator chair is located in the carrier, complete with color touch screen, providing critical real-time information about the crane systems to the operators.
- The system includes 1,216 bridge wheels.
- Total length of flexible cables for the bridge and three carriers: 34,200 feet.
For more information, go to www.americancrane.com.