Pompano Beach, FL - The P.A.T.T.I.-K® uses compressed inert gas to apply a continuous tensile load to an aluminum pull-stub which is bonded to the test surface with an adhesive. After the adhesive has cured, the operator attaches the piston. Then the operator pushes and holds the “RUN” button. A continuous load is then applied perpendicular to the pull-stub until failure occurs, or until a specified load is reached. The P.A.T.T.I.-K can be pressurized with CO2 cartridges to make it portable for field use. In the laboratory, nitrogen or any clean inert gas system providing at least 100 psig (up to 160 psig) can be used. Features include:
- Allows for testing coatings up to 5000 psi (using F-8 Model with standard 1/2” stubs)
- No Conversion Charts needed for the most popular configurations
- Tensile Strengths noted in units of psi and bar
- Accepts 12 gram, unthreaded CO2 Cartridges or External Air Supply
- The new design makes the P.A.T.T.I.-K® lighter than any other portable adhesion tester
For more information, please visit www.gardco.com.